Jim Courtney is our guest. He suggested some potential discussion points (below), but is open to questions.
– New features over the past three years and why they don’t have the “buzz” impact that new features used to have. Are we becoming calloused to anything new?
– The challenge of innovating with a product that has built up a legacy and familiarity
– The challenge of educating users about features beyond free voice and video calling (and it’s also a challenge for smartphones – to make users realize there is value in all those applications available beyond voice calls and SMS messages).
– The feature set to consider when evaluating other alternatives
– The directory issue
– Skype vs Skype for Business
– Asynchronous vs real time comms (migrating to IM backend has allowed more “persistence” with chat messaging, for instance)
– Anytime communications Rooms
Note: We had a technical issue that lost some of the early part of the recording and that cut off the video completely. Because the computer involved was both doing the backup recording AND the bridge to ZipDX main recording, that segment was lost. Apologies, there’s nothing we can do.
Enterprise Connect: Longtime friend of VUC Dave Michels (TalkingPointz.com), is judging this year’s Innovation Showcase 2015 and he hopes to be with us this Friday for a recap and his thoughts, which are probably worth more than a penny.
Known is a way to publish photos, notes, stories, songs, and more. Known is easy to use, works on any device, and it’s open source. When you publish on your site, you can choose to syndicate your content to a variety of sites. Just connect your favorite services to get started. Known has hosted and self-hosted options. Co-founders Ben Werdmüller and Erin Richey join us to talk about the how, when and why of Known.
Here are some of the events we discussed. All have in common great participants you can meet in person. All of the panel participants agree you should go to at least one of these events if you have an interest in VoIP, WebRTC, pbx, security and related technologies. TADHack London, Lisbon and worldwide! In April […]